- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL- Bachelor of Arts
- University of Illinois Dental School, Chicago, IL- Bachelor of Science in Dentistry
- University of Illinois Dental School, Chicago, IL- Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Northwestern University Dental School, Chicago, IL- Specialist in Periodontics
- The Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL- Department of Surgery- Affiliate staff
- Illinois Society of Periodontists- President
- Midwest Society of Periodontology- President
After graduating from St. Patrick High School in Chicago, Dr. Cabrera completed his undergraduate education at Northwestern University in Evanston in 1975. He received his Bachelor of Science in Dentistry and Doctor of Dental Surgery degrees from the University of Illinois in 1979. In 1981, he completed his specialty residency in Periodontics at Northwestern University Dental School.
Since Dr. Cabrera began his practice, he has developed various surgical approaches. His work has been featured in several journals including the Journal of the American Dental Association, The Canadian Dental Journal and The Chicago Dental Society Review. Dr. Cabrera lectures both nationally and internationally. His presentations include The American Academy of Periodontology, The Mexican Academy of Periodontics, The Illinois Society of Periodontists, the Minnesota Dental Society (Northeastern Branch, Rochester, MN). The Mexican Academy of Pediatric Dentists, The American Academy of Pediatric Dentists and several universities including The University of Illinois in Chicago, Case Western in Cleveland, Ohio and the University of Barcelona in Spain. He has been on the staff of The Children’s Memorial Hospital Department of Surgery, division of Dentistry for over 25 years. In order to provide our patients with the best care, Dr. Cabrera is constantly involved in continuing education, both as a participant and an instructor.
In addition to being a member of several state and local societies, Dr. Cabrera’s organization memberships include: American Dental Association, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, American Academy of Periodontology, The Illinois Society of Periodontists (President 1993-1994) and the Midwest Society of Periodontology (President 2012-2013).
When not helping his patients Dr. Cabrera enjoys his family, nature and photography.